SSD Specific Process: A multi-phase, proprietary SSD erasure approach that utilizes all supported SSD security protocols.
Automates entire process to ensure all steps are performed and completed in proper order.
Ensures all SSDs are securely erased regardless of make or model.
Includes multiple random overwrites, firmware level erasure, freeze lock removal and full verification.
Multiple Random Overwrites:
Firmware Level Erasure:
- Process uses truly random / uncompressible data, not merely a repeating bit pattern.
- Double pass ensures data is written across the full logical capacity of the SSD (and not just compressed).
Leverages essential internal erasure commands to secure SSDs.
Wide Interface Support:
- Ensures operational validity of the drive.
- Detects any anomalies in the erasure process.
The patented SSD erasure process is interface agnostic, covering all common SSD interfaces (including SATA and SAS).
Available as stand-alone software (Blancco 5) or installed on hardware (e.g., Blancco E800).
Risk Reduction: Complete erasure of SSDs ensures sensitive data are not accidentally exposed.
Minimal training, manpower or effort required to ensure same level of permanent data erasure as HDDs.
Allows organizations to use single approach across all storage devices.
Ensuring data protection and making for a most cost-effective and eco-friendly result.
- Prevents any compression or deduplication mechanism being applied by SSD controller.
- Fills the whole logical capacity of the drive with a random data stream.
Enables access to key internal SSD security features, which are necessary to ensuring total and immutable erasure.
Ensures SSDs are, in fact, completely erased as claimed, eliminating false positives that could result in data exposure.
Demonstrates compliance with internal and external auditing requirements.
Ensures that all SSDs regardless of design are erasable using the same approach.
Allows organizations to handle SSDs in same manner as HDDs, with the desired through-put and configuration.