Job title: Database Developer/Administrator
Reporting to: Group Services Director
We are looking for an experienced Database Developer/Administrator to join our team. As a Database Developer/Administrator at our company, you will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining our company’s systems and databases.
You must be able to process work accurately and in a timely manner. Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to problem solve and to work with team members or external partners and under pressure to resolve issues quickly
- Good understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Easily design and implement a business process into functional and efficient code
- Experience in administering, managing and optimising databases
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server
- Microsoft administration and support.
- Experience with Microsoft CRM, customer relationships and sales processes.
- Experience in Application testing (TDD)
- Experience with Application/Web API’s
- Report Authoring i.e. Crystal, SSRS etc.
- Work efficiently within the team and independently
- Take responsibility for your own workload
To succeed in this role, it is expected that you will possess:
- Experience in providing support within a business.
- The ability to deliver a high level of feedback to the team.
- The ability to prioritise workload and escalate if required.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Key performance indicators:
Success in this role will be measured through a balance of qualitative and quantitative performance measures.
These will form part of your annual objectives and will include:
- Feedback from the business units.
- Service Desk calls and Projects delivered in a timely fashion.
- Capability movement via accreditation and technical learning and development
- Knowledge Management – quality of data – accurate real-time reporting – client communications
- Be aware of the Company’s aims and organisational values
- Personal responsibility for data protection
- Demanding of self and others
- Creative problem solving
- Professional, courteous and receptive to others needs both inside the company and with our publishers/vendors
The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required at times to carry out other appropriate duties as deemed by their line manager. The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required at times to carry out other appropriate duties as deemed by their line manager.