Job title: Cloud & Infrastructure Support Engineer
Reporting to: Group Head of Services
We require a technically experienced Cloud & Infrastructure Support Engineer to provide remote support and consultancy to our own systems and customer base.
You must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, excellent telephone manner and have experience working in a support environment, as well as an interest in learning about innovative technologies. You will form part of a Service Delivery team that helps deploy and support internal projects. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to provide technical consultancy and guidance to our customers on Microsoft and complimentary solutions. Ideally, you will be able to prioritise workload and manage customer expectations. Familiarity of working within SLA environments is preferable.
- Microsoft Certified Professional certification
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft 365, Azure, AWS, Alibaba Cloud.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and Dynamics CRM
- Competent in Windows Server administration, installing, configuring and troubleshooting roles such as Active Directory, Hyper-V, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy.
- An understanding of accompany products such as Backup solutions, Endpoint protection.
- Comfortable in troubleshooting on internal systems as well as customer environments whilst assessing the impact and risks associated with carrying out the work.
- Ability to work well as part of a team on projects as well as picking up calls already in progress.
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to support customers remotely over the phone.
- The willingness to learn new technologies.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCSE) / Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
- Proficient with implementing business systems projects on premises and in the cloud.
- Microsoft SharePoint administration and support.
- Cloud migration and deployment experience.
- Microsoft administration and support.
- Familiarity with Microsoft CRM.
- Familiarity with Oracle Databases
- Providing technical support to internal users as well as customers.
- Proactive monitoring of internal systems.
- Assisting 1st Line technicians in fault troubleshooting and acting as an escalation point.
- Providing great customer service.
- Take responsibility for your own workload and respond to customers within agreed SLAs and Cloud Know How’s OLA’s.
To succeed in this role, it is expected that you will possess:
- Experience in providing support to internal and external customers.
- The ability to deliver a high level of customer service.
- The ability to prioritise support calls and escalate if required.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Key performance indicators:
Success in this role will be measured through a balance of qualitative and quantitative performance measures.
These will form part of your annual objectives and will include:
- Customer Feedback
- Service Desk calls and Project delivered in a timely fashion.
- Capability movement via accreditation and technical learning and development
- Knowledge Management – quality of data – accurate real-time reporting – client communications
- Be aware of the Company’s aims and organisational values
- Personal responsibility for data protection
- Demanding of self and others
- Creative problem solving
- Professional, courteous and receptive to others needs both inside the company and with our publishers/vendors
The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required at times to carry out other appropriate duties as deemed by their line manager. The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required at times to carry out other appropriate duties as deemed by their line manager.