Job title: Channel Account Manager
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Salary: £25,000 (dependant on experience plus commission)
Are you our next Sales Superstar?
The sales team are at the forefront of the Sigma business and have been key in delivering consistent double-digit growth. Each and every day they’re hunting for new sales opportunities with current clients and providing knowledgeable, honest and friendly advice; it’s all about balancing a commercial mindset with building long-term relationships.
We work with ground-breaking technology. And whilst you won’t be expected to know your Kernels from your Kubernetes from day one, you will need a head for technology, a passion to learn and a drive to be better every day.
About the role
As a B2B Channel Account Manager, you will be working within a successful sales team to proactively develop, manage and grow sales and relationships with existing customers and partners. Your main responsibilities will be but not limited to hunting and onboarding new customers, identifying new opportunities, and contacting new leads supporting customers and partners, increasing our brand awareness, and hitting individual and team sales targets.
- Identifying and recruiting new partners to the channel.
- Introducing Sigma’s proposition to both new and existing partners.
- Establish new business opportunities with targeted accounts through prospecting, networking, qualifying, and closing techniques.
- Creating a long-term pipeline and strategies.
- Continually learn about new products and improve your knowledge and selling skills.
- Work with marketing to drive campaigns.
We are an enthusiastic, customer focused team that invest time in training and enablement, so we are best placed to solve our customers’ problems. To help the team grow the business we work hard giving everyone balance – a personal trainer, yoga and an employee assistance program are just a few of the ways we do this. Being on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park in the beautiful market town of Ashburton also helps. Colleagues regularly tell us that their teams are why they love their jobs.
Sigma Software Distribution sells software to resellers both in the UK and across Europe, enabling them to provide software, services and solutions to end users and businesses. We work with many leading global software publishers such as Microsoft, Quest, Mindjet, Intel, SAP, Flexera and ManageEngine.
You’ll have five GCSEs grade C or above (or equivalent), including Maths and English. You’ll also have a minimum of two years sales experience. Our most successful people are commercially minded, focused, supportive, pragmatic and creative. Does this sound like you?
Other traits and skills we’re looking for:
- A ‘Hunter’ mentality with a competitive, honest, trusted, and reliable personality.
- Self-motivated with the ability to build relationships with customers and partners.
- Understand the sales cycle and margin building.
- Customer focused.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills representing a professional image.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Proactive and ambitious to progress.
- Proven record of onboarding and expanding customer relationships and growing profits.
There may be development opportunities available that might increase the post holder’s responsibilities and duties. These will be discussed with you and agreed. The above tasks are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required at times to carry out other appropriate duties as deemed by their line manager.
POP UP HERE