Job title: Business Development Executive
Reporting to: Head of Business Development
Salary: Dependant on experience
Are you our next Business Development Superstar?
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and entrepreneurial Business Development Executive to join our vibrant team.
We work with ground-breaking technology. You will need a head for technology, a passion to learn and a drive to be better every day. Our Business Development Managers own the day to day relationships with vendors. They’re responsible for agreeing and implementing quarterly business plans and ensuring sales and growth targets are met. We are looking for a BDE to support the BDM.
Sigma is a software and technical services distributor. We help market-leading vendors reach more customers by working with resellers across Europe.
We’re an enthusiastic, customer-focused team; to ensure we can solve our customers’ problems we invest time in training and personal development. To help the team grow the business, we work hard giving everyone balance – a personal trainer, yoga and an employee assistance program are just a few of the ways we do this. Having our HQ on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park in the beautiful market town of Ashburton also helps. Colleagues regularly tell us that their teams are why they love their jobs.
About the role
The role of Business Development Executive, whilst based at HQ and remotely due to COVID, requires activities of the development of Sigma software sales within the reseller channel. You will be responsible to work with an associated BDM on sourcing, building and driving new business revenue and lead generation targets through Sigma’s partner community including Resellers, Systems Integrators and Technical Partnerships. Whilst reporting to Sigma’s Head of Business Development, you will be required to work with the minimum of a day to day supervision.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the BDM in the management of the relationship with key vendors on a day to day basis:
- Provide feedback on opportunities and sales activity
- Provide regular reports
- Support new product, version or campaign activity
- Manage special pricing requests
- Liaise with other teams to help resolve conflicts and 1st level technical issues fed back from channel partners
- Develop brand awareness in the channel:
- Work with vendors on shows, exhibitions and general sales activities
- Assist the Vendor Marketing Manager with marketing activity as required
- Be able to articulate the key high-level functionality of the vendor products and how they would benefit end-user organisations
- Assist reseller’s sales personnel as necessary, and as commercially prudent, in pre-sales activities
- Internal liaison and development:
- Communicating with BDM
- Develop and understand activity within vendors per reseller
- Train and develop an awareness of key product attributes with Sigma sales
- Support internal management in Business Intelligence and analytical activities
- Generate new business sales and opportunities:
- Stimulate sales activity within the resellers
- Progress and follow up vendors’ leads
- Ensure timely and lucrative closure of key sales opportunities
- Support the BDM with management and direct any call out the campaign (end-user or channel)
You’ll thrive working under your own initiative, have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and take a long-term commercial approach to build relationships and finding the next big deal. The role will require flexibility and you must be able to spend nights away/travel as and when required for the business. Our most successful people are commercially minded, focused, supportive, pragmatic and creative.
Other experience, skills and traits we’re ideally looking for:
- Five GCSE level 4/grade C (or equivalent) and above, including Maths and English
- Full Driving License
- Sales experience preferred
- The key attributes will be attention to detail, efficiency, accuracy, customer liaison and dialogue and the ability to cope with a high workload and to stay calm and assured under pressure
- Good English verbal and written communication
- A self-motivated and a driven character, being capable of working under minimal supervision on stated goals/KPIs and with good time management skills
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
- Good organisational skills
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
To apply for this role please send your CV along with a concise summary of what you’d bring to this role. It’s your chance to sell yourself so make the most of it.
There may be development opportunities available that might increase the post holder’s responsibilities and duties. These will be discussed with you and agreed. The above tasks are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required at times to carry out other appropriate duties as deemed by their line manager.
POP UP HERE