Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 SP1 new features
Memory, auto-parallelisation and vectorisation optimisations have resulted in enhanced performance. Fortran Compiler v12.1 is up to 22% faster than v12.
Fortran coarray support
New fortran coarray support for distributed-memory systems (part of the Fortran 2008 standard).
Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 new features
- Support for co-array Fortran which provides support for single multi-cpu shared memory nodes
- Support for other Fortran 2008 features including DO CONCURRENT, CONTIGUOUS, I/O enhancements, and new intrinsic functions, a set of which includes matrix multiply intrinsic functions that support calls into Intel MKL
- More complete support for the Fortran 2003 standard including complete type-bound procedures such as GENERIC and OPERATOR
- Interacts with the new C++ 0x and C99 features in the Intel C++ Compiler
- OpenMP 3.0 support for simplifying pragma-based development of parallelism
- Support for Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX)
- Numerous improvements to the High Performance Parallel Optimizer and other optimisations help to improve parallel application performance.
High Performance Parallel Optimizer (HPO)
Analyse, optimise and parallelise loop nests. This revolutionary capability combines vectorisation, parallelisation and loop transformations into a single pass that is faster, more effective, and more reliable than prior discrete phases.
Analyses loops and determines when it is safe and effective to execute several iterations of the loop in parallel. Vectorisation and auto-parallelisation have been enhanced for broader applicability and improved application performance.
Dramatically improves performance of small- or medium-sized functions that are used frequently, especially programs that contain calls within loops.
Part of the compiler and can be used to generate low overhead loop and function profiling to show hotspots and where to introduce threads.
Profile-guided Optimisation (PGO)
Improves application performance by reducing instruction-cache thrashing, reorganising code layout, shrinking code size and reducing branch mispredictions.
Includes Math Kernel Library
Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) is a library of highly optimised, extensively threaded math routines for science, engineering, and financial applications that require maximum performance. Core math functions include BLAS, LAPACK, ScaLAPACK, Sparse Solvers, Fast Fourier Transforms, Vector Math and much more.
Includes Intel Debugger
Improve the efficiency of the debugging process on code that has been optimised for Intel architecture by using the Intel Debugger, which includes new threaded code debugging features.
Integrates into Visual Studio
Visual Fortran Composer XE integrates into Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010. It also comes with the Microsoft Visual Studio Shell if you do not own Visual Studio.
Ongoing Premier Support
Includes online community support forums to speed information flow, in addition to private, password-protected accounts. Get technical support, interactive issues management, access to technical and application notes, product updates and more with every commercial and academic license.